Home child care is provided in a family-like setting for infants, toddlers, and preschool and school-age children. Children from the same family can be cared for together, often in their own neighbourhood, and close to school and friends. Hours of care can be flexible and may be adapted to suit the needs of individual families.
Advantages of Licensed Home Child Care
- The licensed home child care agency provides support, supervision, administration and “matching” between families and caregivers.
- Staff from the licensed home child care agency, called “Home Visitors”, routinely inspect the homes of caregivers registered with the agency to ensure that the requirements of the Child Care & Early Years Act, 2014 are being met.
- Home Visitors help professionals plan activities for children at different stages of development and provide advice about nutritious meal planning.
- Licensed home child care agencies provide training to caregivers.
- Caregivers relate to children in a positive manner that enhances self-esteem and self-confidence, and inappropriate physical, emotional, or verbal behaviour is not permitted (e.g. hitting, insulting, and yelling)
Licensed Home Child Care Agencies in Niagara
Wee Watch Home Child Care
6633 Glengary Street
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2J 1L5
Niagara Region Children’s Services
1815 Sir Isaac Brock Way
Thorold, Ontario L2V 4Y6