Increasing workloads, tighter deadlines, and legislations are often the major challenges of today’s work life for administrators and their workplace. Without effective tools to deal with the pressure and stress, emotional, physical, and mental imbalance at work and at home are often the result. It is possible to live up to the demands, and to do so with clarity, creativity, kindness, and happiness. In this lunch and learn workshop for administrators of educational workplaces, we will explore how the integration of the practice of mindfulness can benefit not only yourself but the people who work with and for you. From an understanding of what mindfulness is and through practical exercises, discussion and action plan, participants will leave with a sense of being back in control.
Learning and Experience
• Practice mindful eating
• Introduce what Mindfulness is, including the neuro-science evidence supporting the practice
• Locate where participants hold stress in their body so they can use their body as a warning mechanism
• Practice of a basic mindfulness meditation
• Short Laughter Yoga exercise
• How participants can integrate the practice in their professional and personal life
The session will be interactive with discussion and sharing. Handouts and an audio file of the mindfulness meditation will be sent to all participants.
*Registration fee includes lunch and all session materials
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso