We live in a fast paced world. It is easy to get caught up in the chaos each day brings. And with chaos comes a sense of being overwhelmed and anxiety, of being stressed and not knowing what to do about it. When this happens, our well-being takes a toll, our connection to others is strained, and our ability to enjoy the moment is lost. In this workshop for educators and other professionals, we will explore how we can bring ourselves back to the present moment by developing a practice of mindfulness that will help us develop greater resilience, be less reactive, re-connect with others, and increase our well-being.
Learning and Experience
• Introduce what mindfulness is, including the neuro-science evidence supporting the practice
• Locate where participants hold stress in their body so they can use their body as a warning mechanism
• Practice of a basic mindfulness meditation
• Short Laughter Yoga exercise
• Explore how participants can integrate the practice in their daily professional and personal life
The session will be interactive with discussion and sharing. Handouts and an audio file of the mindfulness meditation will be sent to all participants.
*Registration fee includes all session materials
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso