Back by popular demand! This event takes place over 2 days.
This special series with the ECCDC Coaching and Mentoring Team has been designed especially for Child Care Supervisors to support their ongoing and ever-evolving role that has shifted and changed with the implementation of How Does Learning Happen?
A new transformative part of your role is how you may support your team with implementing How Does Learning Happen? through rethinking their practices, deeply studying children by observing and documenting, and how you can empower your team to thrive in times of change.
Session One: Strengthening Your Leadership Role - February 1, 2018
Conversations will include the following prompts:
• Shifts Supervisors have made to support pedagogical practice.
• Difference between their role as pedagogical leaders and their role in supervision of staff. • How are these roles different? How are these roles the same?
• Strategies for encouraging staff members and supporting their shift in practice through a culture of mentoring.
• Developing some expectations that the ED Team and Supervisors have regarding growth and development of the Team following the training. What are some key things they want to monitor and support within their teams?
• How can these key expectations be built into performance management of all staff at all levels?
Session Two: Gaining Strategies for Side by Side Mentoring - February 2, 2018
Workshop will include strategies to support Supervisors in shifting their practice to build in a new side by side mentoring framework within their daily practice to support their team’s ongoing development and implementation of How Does Learning Happen?
Agenda for Both Dates:
10:00 am Registration & Breakfast
10:30 am Morning Session
12:30 pm Networking Lunch
1:00 pm Afternoon Session
3:30 pm Closing
*Registration Fee includes both dates, training booklets, workshop materials, breakfast and lunch for both dates and a parking pass.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso