This special new series with the ECCDC Coaching and Mentoring Team has been designed especially for Child Care Supervisors to support their ongoing and ever-evolving role that has shifted and changed with the implementation of How Does Learning Happen?
A new, transformative part of your role is how to support your team with implementing How Does Learning Happen? through rethinking their practices, deeply studying children by observing and documenting, and how you can empower your team to thrive in times of change. Supporting your team through side by side mentoring is a powerful tool to help them in shifting their thinking and reflecting upon new practices. Two of the dates below will include Supervisors attending training while the third component involves having our trainers attend your program to provide on-site, side by side mentoring guidance. The on-site visits will be arranged during the course of the series.
Session One: Strengthening Your Leadership Role - Monday June 18, 2018, 10:00 am to 3:30 pm (10-10:30 registration)
Conversations will include the following prompts:
• Shifts Supervisors have made to support pedagogical practice.
• Difference between their role as pedagogical leaders and their role in supervision of staff. • How are these roles different? How are these roles the same?
• Strategies for encouraging staff members and supporting their shift in practice through a culture of mentoring.
• Developing some expectations that the ED Team and Supervisors have regarding growth and development of the Team following the training. What are some key things they want to monitor and support within their teams?
• How can these key expectations be built into performance management of all staff at all levels?
Session Two: Gaining Strategies for Side by Side Mentoring - Tuesday June 19, 2018, 10:00 am to 3:30 pm (10-10:30 - registration)
Workshop will include strategies to support Supervisors in shifting their practice to build in a new side by side mentoring framework within their daily practice to support their team’s ongoing development and implementation of How Does Learning Happen?
Session Three: Side by Side Mentoring In Person Shadowing
The ECCDC Coaching and Mentoring Team will visit your program to work alongside your Supervisors and Teams to offer ongoing guidance with implementing the strategies gained through the Side by Side Mentoring Session. On-site visits within Niagara to be determined with Supervisors during the course of the series.
Fee includes all 3 sessions.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso