Bill 148 the Fair Workplaces & Better Jobs Act has been passed and has come into force on January 1, 2018. The Act has a significant number of changes to the Employment Standards Act (ESA) that will affect all workplaces in Ontario including Child Care Organizations. This informal interactive seminar will provide Organizations with an opportunity to assess the potential impact this legislation may have on your Organization.
Asha Rampersad from Bernardi HR Law joining us to answer many of your legal questions about how to best manage your Child Care regarding the proposed Labour reforms.
Our interactive seminar will look at the impact of:
• Increases to the minimum wage on January 1, 2018 and January 1, 2019
• The impact the increase will have on narrowing the wage gap in recognizing education and skills
• Dealing with employee requests to review wages due to legislative changes surrounding equal pay for equal work. Employers will be required to respond by either providing a wage adjustment or a written explanation of the differential.
• Increases from two weeks to three weeks paid vacation for employees with more than five years of employment with the same organization
• Changes to Public holiday pay
• Changes to the Personal Emergency Leave to 10 days per year, of which two will be paid sick days
• Changes to other leave of absences entitlement
• Increased Penalties for Organizations that are not meeting ESA standards beginning January 2018
• New rights for Employees to ask for a schedule or location change after three months of employment. In addition, Employees will have the right to refuse to accept last minute shift change requests without worrying about reprisals.
• We will also review which policies will need to be updated so that your Organization can remain compliant with the proposed legislation
*Registration includes a continental breakfast
**Please note that the cost of this seminar is far less than the average legal consultation fee.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso