All Child Care Executive Directors, Supervisors, Owners, and Boards of Directors should have a clear understanding regarding their roles and responsibilities related to requests for accommodation in the workplace. Over the next few years organizations will continue to face significant challenges to meet legislative changes related to the duty to accommodate under the Ontario Human Rights Code, and accessibility in the workplace. As a best practice, organizations should be proactive in developing policies and strategies for addressing staff requests for medical marijuana, disability, and mental health accommodations.
Our interactive seminar will focus “best” practices on:
• How to deal with employee requests for accommodation
• What information can you ask for in an accommodation request
• Understanding your organization’s obligations regarding Human Rights and the duty to accommodate
• How to avoid discrimination complaints related to Human Rights
• Mental Health disabilities & accommodations
• Medical Marijuana
• Your duties under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
We will be joined by Asha Rampersad from Bernardi Human Resource Law LLP to answer your questions on how to deal with difficult accommodation requests. Asha is an experienced employment lawyer with many years working experience in the child care sector.
*Registration fee includes continental breakfast and light network lunch
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso