An Update from the ECCDC
Changes to Regular Operations During COVID-19
Updated May 28, 2020
As a result of the continually changing COVID-19 Coronavirus situation, we have been monitoring all government and public health recommendations and have been in ongoing discussion on how to best serve our stakeholders during this time. The health and wellbeing of our library members, workshop participants, community partners and employees is foremost in our minds. As such, in the wake of the latest COVID-19 updates, we want to let you know how we are keeping you and your safety a priority.
Important COVID-19 Information
• Health Canada: COVID-19 Updates
• Find Financial Help During COVID-19
• COVID-19 Updates
• COVID-19 Support for Businesses
• A Framework for Reopening our Province
• Government News Releases
• Niagara Region Public Health Daily COVID-19 Updates
• Memos from the Ministry of Education & Health and Niagara Region Children’s Services During COVID-19
• Grant Support and Resources for Organizations & Businesses During the COVID-19 Pandemic
• Looking Forward: Webinars and Resources Related to Reopening Businesses
ECCDC Resource Lending Library
Please be advised that our Schmon Parkway office and Resource Lending Library continues to remain closed to the public. However:
• Curbside pickup is available by contacting the ECCDC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Library Team is currently working on developing new Provocation for Learning Kits that will be available for borrowing. Be sure to read our newest publication, Branching Out: Resource Updates to Support the Growth & Goals of Educators which highlights new materials.
• The ECCDC maintains an EStore which includes items for sale as well as many free resources.
Professional Learning and Networks
• Be sure to check out The Couch Exchange: Professional Learning Opportunities from Home for further online resources and training.
• The ECCDC has been offering free webinars. Stay tuned for new sessions and visit our Training & Events Calendar to register online!
• All professional learning network in person meetings have been rescheduled for Fall 2020. In the meantime online network opportunities are currently being offered to help keep these Niagara network groups connected.
• Customized training sessions that were previously scheduled may be offered remotely as webinars. Please view our new Esteem – Customized Professional Learning Opportunities For Your Community catalogue and/or contact the Executive Director at email@example.com to discuss customized webinar options.
• A new edition of ESTEEM with updated dates of all workshops will be distributed at a later time once early learning programs reopen.
Coaching and Mentoring Services
• While Quality Child Care Niagara (QCCN) Training Institutes are not being held, the QCCN Team is offering opportunities to engage in remote learning. Find upcoming QCCN Online Training here and visit our Training & Events Calendar to register.
• In lieu of visiting child care centres in person at the present time, the QCCN Team is providing program support through ongoing QCCN Conversation Cafes. Find upcoming QCCN Remote Network Sessions here and visit our Training & Events Calendar to register.
• Supervisors and Program Staff may also reach out to connect with questions via telephone or zoom. Contact our Coaching and Mentoring Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Team continues to be available from a remote working environment to answer any of your resource, training or coaching and mentoring questions, at 905.646.7311 extension 304 or email at email@example.com.
If there is something specific that you would like the ECCDC to offer during this time, please send your suggestions to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.