Over the next 5 years Canadians will be retiring at a pace unparalleled in human history. The biggest demographic wave in the country’s history is hurtling into retirement. The baby boomers – that massive bubble of people born in the two decades following the Second World War - have begun the transition from employment to retirement. This phenomenon has serious implications for non-profit, charitable and volunteer organizations whose senior management staff are planning to retire in the next 3-5 years. Boards of Directors are watching as knowledgeable and experienced senior staff make their plans to depart, often without a plan to replace their prized employee or the expertise they take with them. It’s important to create a range of succession plans for emergency and planned departures, to ensure sustainability, consistency and continued organizational success.
This workshop is suitable for board members and senior staff of non-profit, charitable and volunteer organizations and will explore
• the context for succession planning and who should be involved
• your board’s role as employer of the staff leader
• the relationship between mission, vision, values and succession planning
• types of succession plans – emergency, long/short term, permanent
• sample succession policies and steps in succession planning
• tools and resources to help you create your own succession plan.
*Registration fee includes a light lunch and all session materials
Add Event to Cart
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso