This interactive session will address the following issues:
• Clauses that every employment contract needs in order to avoid a constructive dismissal complaint.
• Navigating the termination process from start to finish
• Tips on how to reduce the risk of a human rights complaint related to termination
• Can a child care unilaterally reduce an ECE’s position if there is low enrolment and the only alternative is a layoff? Does that constitute a constructive dismissal?
• Does an employer set a precedent by agreeing to a flexible start time/modified hours?
• Must an employer accommodate an employee’s child care preference if they choose to stay at home with their children?
• Do employee refusals to return to work due to COVID related anxiety/fears require an accommodation?
• Can staff vaccine compliance play a role in decision making when choosing which staff to terminate or layoff?
Add Event to Cart
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso